RE: how to deal with liaison statements

At 04:15 PM 3/13/2003 -0500, Scott  Bradner wrote:
my only problem with that is it ties things to physical
meetings - it would be nice to be able to deal with them
w/o waiting for a meeting
If "it" is his comment, this reflects the ITU viewpoint (as in "this is how we do it at the ITU; do it our way") that nothing can be accomplished without circumnavigating the globe. If it is *my* comment, the meeting is very optional; if an email thread answers the question, I'm quite happy.

If you guys like, I could correspond with Scott and Steve off-line, and come up with an IETF recommended procedure that could be published as BCP. My initial position would sound a lot like, and be similar to, my previous note. I could include his entire text as an ITU viewpoint on liaisons, and make him an author as well.