RE: how to deal with liaison statements

> If you guys like, I could correspond with Scott and Steve off-line, and
> come up with an IETF recommended procedure that could be published as BCP.

works for me but we might want to wait until after the IESG
dicsussion on sunday to make the next step

I think the high order bit is that they have seen too many of
their messages go into a black hole - never to be discussed in a WG
even when they are asking basically 'can we use your protocol rather
than invent another' and they would kike to see if there is a
way to at least be assured of not getting ignored

This is made more important as the IETF tries to protect its
protocols from random changes by other folk (see RFC 3427,
draft-andersson-mpls-g-chng-proc-00.txt and
kompella/draft-kompella-rsvp-change-00.txt

folks like the ITU and 3GPP do want to use IETF technology but
feel they need to be able to communicate any concerns, questions
or suggestions in some reliable way.

Scott