RE: how to deal with liaison statements

At 04:33 PM 3/13/2003 -0500, Scott  Bradner wrote:
> If you guys like, I could correspond with Scott and Steve off-line, and
> come up with an IETF recommended procedure that could be published as BCP.

works for me but we might want to wait until after the IESG
dicsussion on sunday to make the next step
No problem.

I have started looking through his draft to see what text I can re-use, and of course there is quite a bit regarding what a liaison is, what it looks like, and what someone expects to have happen to it. Where I am taking exception is the process described in the final sections - it looks pretty heavy-weight to me.