RE: A thought about agendas.....

Harald,

The CCAMP chairs solicit requests for agenda time before each IETF.
Some requests for agenda time are clearly appropriate, and they are
honored. Some are less appropriate, for any of the following reasons:

- the requestor has not submitted a draft
- the requestor has submitted a draft that
  is not within the WG charter
- the requestor submitted a version-00 draft,
   but not early enough for people to have
   read it or discussed it on the mailing list
- the requestor has submitted a draft that is
   otherwise deficient

In these cases, the chairs communicate privately with the requestor,
identifying the problem and encouraging the requestor to try again
after the problem has been remedied.

Unfortunately, it took each of the chairs one meeting to realize that
they weren't obliged to honor every request for agenda time. Maybe
we could make this part of WG Chair training.

                                            Ron