A thought about agendas.....

I've noticed on some WG lists a note that says something on the order of "calling all agenda items - if you want something on the agenda, send it in now" - with no further info.

I just wondered..... is this really the best way to make sure the important work gets the most time on the agenda?
I mean - if the WG chair(s) already knows what the charter of the WG is, what documents are in active development, and what the important issues with them are, shouldn't the WG chair be able to write a proposal for an agenda without asking for (randomized) input, and then say "what else do we need to talk about?" to the WG?

I think this has something to do with WG chairs and empowerment......

OTOH, ANY agenda that is sent out to the WG and posted on the Web ahead of the meeting greatly increases the chances for success (I think!)

Harald