Re: question on process

Here's what 2026 sais:

>    Note: Standards track specifications normally must not depend on
>    other standards track specifications which are at a lower maturity
>    level or on non standards track specifications other than referenced
>    specifications from other standards bodies.  (See Section 7.)

On the one hand, a new reader cannot understand the spec
without understanding the terminology and changes to the
terminology document should go through a stricter review
than info normally receives. On the other, pushing
terminology along the STD track seems pretty weird. BCP
seems to be a good compromise...

--
Alex