Re: Trigtran BOF

>I was somewhat disappointed in this BOF.

I agree.
I would also agree with Mark that the chairing was disappointing;
if the working group is chartered, my recommendation would be that
it only be with new co-chairs.

>For example, is the core TCP and media expertise available to complete the
>proposed work? Is the expertise available to evaluate proposed solutions?
>(e.g. experiments, simulations, etc.)? Have security resources been
>identified to evaluate some of the (scary) security implications? For
>example, if unauthenticated triggers can be sent, this could be disruptive.
>
>My sense is that the critical resources are not in place for this work to
>succeed, although the work itself may be worthwhile.

Well, as Mark said, there was a good show of hands for people
interested in the "link up" problem.  I think that the working
group probably has the expertise and the resources to work on the
"link up" problem, starting with a thorough problem statement
about the need, the implications of different link layers,
an evaluation of the "implicit communication" approach,
tradeoffs between explicit and implicit communication, etc.

But I agree that it might be one of the more iffy working groups.

- Sally