Re: pads BOF

>PADS:

>Presuming I've gotten this right (which, again was hard to tell from the BOF), I
>think these folks need at least one more BOF to basically get their act
>together. They need to refine their problem statement to make it more precise,
>and describe exactly why NSIS isn't the right place to do this.

Yes, I found this BOF confusing as well.  To the best that I
understood, there was disagreement about whether network operators
were or were not interested in path-decoupled signalling (signalling
that followed the same ASes as the data flow, but not necessarily
the same routers); there was disagreement or uncertainty about
whether this should be in NSIS or in a different working group if it
was pursued; etc.  But the conclusion seems to be to follow up the
discussion on the mailing list ("http://psg.com/lists/pads/";), rather
than try to charter a working group any time soon, and that sounds good
to me.

- Sally