Re: intersec BOF

>>	summary: classic problem, end-to-end encryption versus intermediate
>>	box which would like to tweak/peep traffic.  there's no good solution,
>>	but that's life.
>I liked this BOF because the feedback from the floor would mostly
>useful and to-the-point, raising and clarifying issues that had to be
>addressed.  (Part of the feedback from the mike was about the
>relative merits of end-to-end security (IPsec) vs. tranport-level
>security (TLS, SRTP).)

	tricks like RFC3135 works for TLS as TLS is on top of TCP (so TCP header
	is visible).  it does not work for IPsec as IPsec encrypts TCP header.
	again, to me it is a recap of classic problem.

	in the past there was proposals in ipsec working group, with which
	TCP/UDP port number is exposed and the rest are encrypted (i don't
	remember which draft it was).  the proposal have discussed to certain
	degree, but it end up unsuccessful (could not get consensus).

itojun