From: pwe3-admin@ietf.org [mailto:pwe3-admin@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Eric
Rosen
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 12:21 PM
To: Rahul Aggarwal
Cc: pwe3@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [PWE3] draft-ietf-pwe3-ethernet-encap-02.txt: Tagged mode

Eric> Given  that   the  purpose  of   IETF  standards  is   to
facilitate
Eric> interoperability, my suggestion would be  to leave tagged mode in
the
Eric> document, though perhaps as a "deprecated mode".

Rahul> Just to clarify, what would 'deprecated' mean in this case..?

It would  mean that tagged mode  is only there to  support legacy
equipment,
and new equipment should be designed to support raw mode.