Re: FW: MIB Copyright

Bert:

Look good to me. I think that we should do the same type of thing for RFCs that contain ASN.1 modules.

Russ

At 03:07 AM 3/26/2003 +0100, Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:
So where would be a good place to put this?

I propose to put it in www.ietf.org/copyright.html
Can we decide on the mailing list?
Or do I need to put it on telechat agenda?

The text would be:

   Full Copyright Statement for IANA maintained MIB modules.

   Copyright (C) The Internet Society (2003).  All Rights Reserved.

   An IANA MIB module and translations of it may be copied and furnished
   to others, and derivative works that comment on or otherwise explain
   it or assist in its implementation may be prepared, copied, published
   and distributed, in whole or in part, without restriction of any
   kind, provided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph are
   included on all such copies and derivative works.  However, this MIB
   module itself may not be modified in any way, such as by removing
   the copyright notice or references to the Internet Society or other
   Internet organizations, except as needed for the purpose of
   developing Internet standards in which case the procedures for
   copyrights defined in the Internet Standards process must be
   followed, or as required to translate it into languages other than
   English.

   The limited permissions granted above are perpetual and will not be
   revoked by the Internet Society or its successors or assigns.

   This document and the information contained herein is provided on an
   "AS IS" basis and THE INTERNET SOCIETY AND THE INTERNET ENGINEERING
   TASK FORCE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING
   BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION
   HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
   MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Thanks,
Bert