Subject: GGF and IETF
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:49:11 -0600
From: Charlie Catlett <catlett@mcs.anl.gov>
To: leslie@thinkingcat.com
CC: catlett@mcs.anl.gov

Dear Leslie-

For some time now we have asked Cees de Laat to act as a liaison between GGF and IETF, since Cees is a member of our steering group. For a longer time I've had conversations about GGF/IETF relations with Harald Alvestrand and others. When we were developing our process we had as a stated goal to be 'compatible' with the Internet Standards Process and so we got a tremendous amount of good advice also from Scott Bradner and Brian Carpenter.

I would like to ask what we should do in order to make the liaison activity formal and official. I thought at one point Cees mentioned he was developing an RFC with Scott Bradner about this, but perhaps that was the cart before the horse.

Thanks for any advice you might have,
Charlie Catlett, Chair, GGF
catlett@mcs.anl.gov
+1-630-252-7867