RE: draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-mobileip-13.txt (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 20:11:44 -0800
From: Tony Johansson <tjohansson@bytemobile.com>
To: Bernard Aboba <aboba@internaut.com>, Thomas Narten <narten@us.ibm.com>
Cc: Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com, Phil Roberts <PRoberts@MEGISTO.com>,
     gabriel montenegro <gab@sun.com>, David Mitton <david@mitton.com>,
     Erik Nordmark <Erik.Nordmark@sun.com>, Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Subject: RE: draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-mobileip-13.txt

Bernard,

The only comments that I've seen from IESG is the following two url's
[There is no info in the IESG draft tracker for this draft...]:

Issue 385 -
http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/AAA/issues4.html#Issue%20385

These comments from have been addressed see attachment and acknowledge.

Issue 386 -
http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/AAA/issues4.html#Issue%20386

These comments have only been partly addressed, since we still need more
detailed info regarding any issues Steve may have with the security
schema and the use of security associations.... So, the only things
addressed are changes regarding the filter rules section 1.10, see
below, and mandating 128 bit keys instead of 64, since that is now
supported in AAA Registration Keys for Mobile IP
(draft-ietf-mobileip-aaa-key-11.txt).

New proposed text:
"
.in 0
1.10  IP filter rule support

.in 3

This application has support for pushing filter rules to either of the
mobility agents to enable appropriate restrictions for the mobile node,
such as limiting the mobile nodes access due to roaming agreements or
network protection. The filter rules are set by the AAAH by adding one
or more MIP-Filter-Rule AVPs in the HAR if destined for the home agent
and/or in the AMA if destined for the foreign agent. The filer rules
does only apply to the mobile node in the HAR and/or AMA message, thus
the mobility agents will process the filter rules individually for each
mobile node.

If MIP-Filter-Rule AVPs are included in the HAR and the home agent does
not have support to handle filter rules, the home agent MUST return a
HAA with Result-Code AVP equal to
DIAMETER_ERROR_MIP_FILTER_NOT_SUPPORTED.

If the MIP-Filter-Rule AVPs are included in the AMA and the foreign
agent does not have support to handle filter rules, the foreign agent
SHOULD log the event and MUST issue a Session-Termination-Request (STR)
back to its local Diameter server. "

Regards,

/Tony