Re: draft-katz-yeung-ospf-traffic-09.txt

Thomas,

  Sorry for not being clear. Here's what it is:

  1. After the document has been LC'ed, authors, WG chairs,
     and ADs realized that we can have the same problem as
     with RSVP because of the FCFS range

  2. Changing the IANA considerations section in the document
     would need to be approved by the WG, which means another
     WG LC and another IETF LC. This would mean another rev
     and at least another month of delay.

  3. Given that the document has been widely implemented and
     deployed, and should have been published long time ago,
     we did not want to delay it even more.

  4. However, we do want to solve the FCFS problem. The agreement
     between ADs, WG chairs, and authors, was to ship the document
     as is, and then submit another draft that just updates the
     IANA section of draft-katz-yeung and removes FCFS.

  Does it make more sense now?

--
Alex