Re: U.S. Homeland Security dept, ICANN, and the root servers

</tact>

let's face it.  the rssac has never become real.  it is a private
club for folk who want to pretend the past will be the future, and
has no forward vision.  it will let the root server operators sit
in their corner and pretend the world will not change while it is
actually changing rapidly.  when the mismatch is sufficiently large
that my dog can see it (though the rssac won't), they'll be blown
away with the wind.  the question for us is whether we think that
the replacement has a sufficient likelihood of being bad that we
wish to take the burden of applying reality therapy to the rssac
and icann.

randy