Re: Evaluation: draft-ietf-idmr-igmp-mrdisc - Multicast Router Discovery to Proposed Standard

                    Yes    No-Objection  Discuss *  Abstain

Erik Nordmark      [   ]     [   ]       [ X ]      [   ]

The options defined in section 7 doesn't match the option format used
in RFC 2461. The draft has an option length measured in bytes while
RFC 2461 has:
      Length         8-bit unsigned integer.  The length of the option
                     (including the type and length fields) in units of
                     8 octets.  The value 0 is invalid.  Nodes MUST
                     silently discard an ND packet that contains an
                     option with length zero.

I don't understand my the IPv4 messages need to be sent
to all-hosts (224.0.0.1) when only the snooping switches want the messages.
Why not define a all-snoopers multicast address?

At a meta-level I also have a question about whether this and magma-snoop-06
is sufficient to get the snooping switches under control or whether we
are likely to continue to inject clue and help to those building
snooping switches.

  Erik