Re: Fwd: FYI: Site Local

At 03 Apr 2003 09:12:43 -0800, Eric Rescorla wrote:

> I don't think that you determine consensus by adding up
> the meeting + the mailing list. They're independent sampling
> events. With that in mind, I'd say this is *very* rough.

It's even worse than that.  There's a weird social thing going on due
to the mechanics of the way that the question was asked: folks who
were part of the consensus at the face to face meeting are NOT
supposed to say anything, and while people who want to keep site-local
have been asked to state their reasons, people who want to get rid of
them have not.  Other things being equal, a lot of people play follow
the leader.  Because of the way this question was asked, the number of
leaders in favor of keeping site local looks larger than it really is.