Re: U.S. Homeland Security dept, ICANN, and the root servers

I admire such unilateral expressions of over-arching exclusive interest, and I guess I should be grateful for the US government being >so helpful in wanting to run the Internet. Somehow 'grateful' is not >what springs to my obviously alien and foreign mind, but I'm sure I >will be informed of the error of my ways sooner or later.
In his last job, Howard was the Chief Security Officer of Microsoft. Rather than focussing on the day to issues of improving the security of Microsoft products, he spent much of his time hobnobbing with politicos. Overall, I did not get the impression that he was particularly technology saavy -- a key requirement for a CSO trying to change organizational culture.

Be afraid, be very afraid.