Re: U.S. Homeland Security dept, ICANN, and the root servers

> (Does the U.S. government really plan to try to take back parts of
> a role that it has long given up, of responsibility for the global
> Internet infrastructure?  It would be distressing if the IAB ended
> up with no choice but to wade more deeply into the non-IETF-IANA
> portion of the ICANN morass...)

There should be some way to handle this other than having the USG do it. This
analogy is fraught with some possibility of misinterpretation, but I'm going to
make it anyway: the USG doesn't run the international telephone system and so it
doesn't need to run the Internet.

            jak