Re: : FYI: Site Local

Alex Zinin <zinin@psg.com> writes:

> > 3.3. Session management
> >    In the case where a consensus which has been reached during a face-
> >    to-face meeting is being verified on a mailing list the people who
> >    were in the meeting and expressed agreement must be taken into
> >    account.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't be taken into account, merely
that simple addition isn't an appropriate metric.

The question we're trying to ask is (roughly):
What fraction of the WG is in favor of this change?

We have two samples, both taken with seriously non-random sampling
methodologies. There's an extensive literature about how to combine
such studies (the procedure is called meta-analysis) but simple
addition can't be used unless the two samples were taken with roughly
commensurate methodologies.

-Ekr