Re: FW: Last Call: The AES Cipher Algorithm in the SNMP's User-based Security Model to Proposed Standard

Hi -

I've read earlier versions and provided comments to the authors.
I think this is "good stuff" and would satisfy an important need.
I have some minor comments on <draft-blumenthal-aes-usm-05.txt>

Purely editorial:
  Section 1.2:  "two steps process" -> "two-step process"
  Section 3.1.2.1: "generates duplicate IV" -> "generates a duplicate IV"
  Section 3.1.3: "less than 128 bits" -> "fewer than 128 bits"
  Section 3.2.1: "wishes" -> "needs" (less anthropomorphic)
  At the ends of sentences, in some places the document has a single
  space, but in other places there are two spaces.  Should be two
  spaces consistently.

Technical:
  Section 2: This should be a free-standing module, importing
  snmpPrivProtocols from SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB.   There
  is no need to treat  this as a change to the snmpUsmMIB module.

Randy