Re: Fwd: FYI: Site Local

--On fredag, april 04, 2003 20:16:38 -0500 Thomas Narten <narten@us.ibm.com> wrote:

Rob,

Your analysis is right on the money. But there is a bit more as well,
I think. What happened in SF was that consensus developed during the
meeting, and the subsequent consensus call had a clear outcome. But
note that there was no consensus at all going into the meeting.

The problem for those not at the meeting is that they missed the
discussion. They are now being asked to ratify something for which
they have no context and no buy in.

So, we may have built consensus among those in the room, but that has
not happened for those only on the list.
also, the much-repeated objection that we're being asked for our opinion on an undefined consensus text is a valid one.

You saw what I think the consensus meant (that all forms of special treatment of the FEC0::/10 range should go away from the standards effort).

But there's not consensus that this is what the call is about.

Harald