Re: Access control on the IETF web

--On tirsdag, april 08, 2003 10:58:24 -0700 Ted Hardie <hardie@qualcomm.com> wrote:

Harald,
	In general, I think this goes to the question of how active
you want the IESG's direct management to be in matters like
this.  I personally would draw up guidelines and let the
Secretariat handle the whole thing.  That might say something like
"pages under the IESG subdirectory require IESG approval",
but would not imply that every new page meeting the guidelines
needed approval by the IESG.  If a working group chair, for example,
wanted to maintain a page with additional info on deployment or
implementation in conjunction with the charter page, the guidelines
should say whether or not this type of auxiliary page is supported, but
I see no reason not to give them the authority to decide what's on
the page and when it goes up within that guideline.
	My 2 cents on this,
					regards,
							Ted
seems to make sense. Send amended text?