Sending text on Re: Access control on the IETF web

Harald asked me to send text; here's a first cut.

The IESG will develop a set of guidelines for updates to the IETF web.
The Secretariat will be responsible for updates to the IETF web, and
it will use the set of guidelines provided to determine whether specific
proposed updates are or are not acceptable. The Secretariat may
at any time check with the IESG for clarification of the guidelines. Anyone
who proposed an update and was refused may request the IESG to
review the decision.

regards,
Ted

Folks,

the WG Chairs' FAQ was placed on the WG Chairs web page without anyone being asked if that was appropriate; it was even placed as if it had been an IESG document.

I think that's wrong.

I suggest that we make the following rule:

- The secretariat does what the secretariat does; maintain the pages they are responsible for, suggest changes to pages for which they are not, check when in doubt.

- An IESG member can ask for a page to be added or changed. No limits; if we do something wrong, we handle that internally.

- Anyone else asking for some new page to be added gets that question sent to the IESG. The response should be one of:
- No
- Yes, but ask again every time a change is asked for
- Yes, and the author can send in updates when he wants to
(and the page identifies who the maintainer is)
It's OK to put up the page with no links to it before asking the IESG, so that the ADs can look at it.
First AD to respond wins; some pages are definitely some specific AD's interest, so we shouldn't require an IESG consensus for this.

- The IESG can request changes to ownership.

- This text gets formatted and put somewhere on a Web page :-)

Makes sense?

Harald