Re: Proposed resolution of the AD-shepherded info/experimental non-WG document issue

AYE

At 07:45 PM 4/8/2003 +0200, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
I suggest that we add the following text to the IESG charter:

When an AD decides that an Informational or
Experimental document is of particular importance to the
community, the AD may also choose to put it directly
before the IESG. This document will then be processed in
the same fashion as an Informational or Experimental
document from a working group.

And that we send a note to the RFC Editor saying that we have decided that we want to have the corresponding arrow added to the RFC Editor's flowchart. (or should that be "We ask the IAB to instruct the RFC Editor to add...."?)

The only formal justification for it is that the relevant RFC 2026 paragraph says "should", not "must" be submitted to the RFC Editor. But as several have said - we have done it before, and want to be able to do it again.

Makes sense? All in favour - say AYE; all opposed - say NAY. :-)

Harald