Re: teh IETF's "bad call"

> The IETF is an international organization.  It therefore seemed and
> seems inappropriate to define standards on the basis of local legal
> requirements.

that was one of the factors in the raven discussion but I think
that is
	1/ becoming less of a factor because there is getting to be
	   more consensus
	2/ might not be quite the right way to look at the problem
	   for example, if one had a over-the-wire command language
	   to talk to wiretap devices that defined a range of operations
	   (and that could be saved in a log for audit purposes) then
	   the individual jurisdiction could say what operations were
	   legit

Scott