draft-ietf-ipv6-unicast-aggr-v2-02.txt

I'm concerned about the way in which Section 2.0 discusses the
role of the RIRs. Given the ugliness of the bugs under these rocks,
I wonder if the best thing might not be to justify the change
solely based on the technical argument and cut the rest of the text.
This would reduce 2.0 a good bit, to something like:

2.0 TLA/NLA Made Historic

There is concern that the best approach at this stage of the deployment
of IPv6 is no longer the TLA/NLA format defined by 2374. RFC2374 was
the definition of addresses for Format Prefix 001 (2000::3) which is
formally made historic by this document. Even thought currently only
2000::/3 is being delegated by the IANA, implementations should not make
any assumptions about 2000::/3 being special, since the IANA might
later be directed to delegate currently unassigned parts of the IPv6 address
space to the purpose of Global Unicast as well.

The TLA/NLA scheme has been replaced by a coordinated allocation
policy parallel to that in use for allocation of unicast IPv4 addresses.

If I'm totally missing a backstory here, sorry, but this just seemed a less-is-more
moment,
regards,
Ted