draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-architecture-05.txt

what the heck, for the moment call this a discuss

randy

---
From: ops-dir
To: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>,ops directorate <ops-dir@ops.ietf.org>
Subject: draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-architecture-05.txt
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 17:27:49 -0400

At 09:23 PM 4/11/2003 -0400, Randy Bush wrote:
>*****  o Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching Architecture
>         (Proposed Standard)
>            <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-architecture-05.txt>
>         Token: Wijnen, Bert
>         Note: IETF Last Call requested.
>         Responsible: Bert

didn't read the whole thing my head hurts but this seems like
a good argument for the ietf to jettison mpls and call it the
mpls-forum...  maybe scoya as 'business development weenie'
for foretec might want to take it on :-)

one immediate question comes to mind ... they talk of a link
management protocl (lmp) (eg in chap 8) it seems to do just
about what ppp does. the obvious question is 'why not use
ppp?'