Re: **Information on New Attendees and NomCom Eligibility** (fwd)

I suspect that the high percentage of new attendees in San Francisco comes from two factors. First, the number of repeats was probably down due to the economy and global situation. Second, the number of new attendees was probably up since the meeting was held so close to Silicon Valley. As I recall, when we met in San Jose, we had a lot of new attendees as well.

Russ

At 09:15 AM 4/20/2003 +0200, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
got this from Barbara today. It's of interest to our thinking about "newcomers" and stuff.

Harald

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: fredag, april 18, 2003 15:44:21 -0400
From: "Barbara B. Fuller" <bfuller@foretec.com>
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Cc: Michael Lee <mlee@foretec.com>, Julie Kirchhoff <juliek@foretec.com>, Dawn Thomas <dthomas@foretec.com>
Subject: **Information on New Attendees and NomCom Eligibility**

Here is information on the number of "new" attendees for IETF-52 through
IETF-56, and on the number of attendees at IETF-56 who are eligible for the
NomCom.

IETF-52: 433 new attendees out of 1660 total attendees

IETF-53: 358 new attendees out of 1614 total attendees

IETF-54: 836 new attendees out of 1829 total attendees

IETF-55: 406 new attendees out of 1530 total attendees

IETF-56: 481 new attendees out of 1632 total attendees

IETF-56: 892 attendees out of 1632 total attendees attended at least three
out of the last five IETF Meetings