Re: FW: Application for port-number (more tech)

My apologies, I didn't read enough of RFC 1700.  I didn't realize
there was the PROTOCOL AND SERVICE NAMES section, seperate from the port
numbers.  So this registry (now http://www.iana.org/.../service-names) is
[probably] the one that RFC 2782 meant, and the one that Apple should
really be pointing to for service name registration.

My original message should have said "Given that the port-numbers registry
is the replacement for the portion of the Assigned Numbers RFC that RFC
2782 seems be referring to".  I apologize for the hot buttons that my
omission seem to have pushed.

  Bill