From: iesg-admin@ietf.org [mailto:iesg-admin@ietf.org]On Behalf Of Bill
Fenner
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 9:12 AM
To: iesg@ietf.org
Cc: fred@cisco.com; iana@iana.org; rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org
Subject: RE: HEELLLLOOOOOO: - Re: FW: Application for port-number (more
tech)

>I think Bill was just confused that RFC 1700 had
>more than just port numbers in it.

That is not at all what I was confused about, and I'm really frustrated
that people come so easily to the conclusion that I am so ignorant.

As I tried to express in my later email, I was confused about which
portion of RFC 1700 that RFC 2782 was referring to.  I have been mirroring
the IANA assignments since they were at ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/assignments,
so I am aware of the existence of myraid registries - I just did not
realize there was a specific one for service names.

So, please, let's focus the discussion of how stupid I am on that I didn't
know that there was a registry for service names, not that I think that
the port numbers are the only thing that IANA does.

  Bill