RE: Advance RFC 2234? (was Re: DISCUSS on UTF-8 to Standard)

> > Dave Crocker went through this exercise some time back, and he found one
> > more unused feature: the %x01.02.03 syntax for writing multiple-byte values
> > without repeating the %x prefix.

Grumble. It would have been nice had he seen fit to share this result. AFAIK
he did not. OTOH, if he managed to miss obvious usage...

> It's used in several of the specs that Ned references.  It's used
> extensively in e.g. SIP (RFC 3261) to designate case-sensitive strings.

Yes, and it is also used, amusingly enough, in a bunch of specifications that
didn't bother to reference 2234. It seems the 9% usage of ABNF in RFCs figure
is likely a bit low...

Anyway, I've updated the writeup with information about this feature. I elected
to use SIP and I added IPP (2565), which also uses it.

Is there anything else I need to add?

				Ned