Re: radius in draft-heinanen-radius-pe-discovery-03.txt

Hi Bernard.

Your note outlining the Protocol Abuse & Danger Rating System (a cute
name/acronym would be really nice) is truly a classic. And also quite
useful, I think. I wonder if this rates in the class of things that
are useful to writeup more formally to make it more accessible to the
community...

Any chance you can wordsmith your note a bit so I can forward in to
the ppvpn list (it does make a comment about the author's clue level
that probably needs removing...). I don't think much editing is
needed. The text speaks for itself.

The ppvpn WG is wanting to take the document on as a WG document.

1) I want to say no, at least for now, as there are issues with this
   document. *If* this is to become a work item, we need to better
   understand what will be allowed, how it will get appropriate radius
   review, how to minimize abouse, etc.

2) It is alleged that there are some in the WG who will recognize that
   this approach has problems. Posting something like this will prompt
   them to chime in and or lead to a discussion about alternate
   approaches.

3) WG needs to have a real discussion about what the options are for
   doing discovery, and talk about approaches from the 10,000 foot
   level. Taking this document on as a WG at this time probably
   doesn't help here.

Thomas