Re: secretariat process clarifications with regards to evaluations

> Oh well.  I was on a plane, so I got the write-up out of the way.  I did
> not know I was throwing a wrench into the process.

I don't view it that way. You just did things differently than we
mostly have done. But part of getting our processes running more
smoothly is to be very clear on what each party is expected to
do. Otherwise, we get surprises.

At the retreat it was made clear that the secretariat wants and is
working written procedures, e.g., so that someone else can fill in a
particular role when there are vacations, etc. I'm just describing a
particular piece of that picture where we don't seem to have fully
specified the what each party is supposed to do.

Thomas