RE: Last Call Comment: LDAP & X.500 Component Matching Rules

--On 13. mai 2003 15:46 +1000 Steven Legg <steven.legg@adacel.com.au> wrote:

Add an IPR statement from RFC 2026.
I was once told by a former IESG member that the IESG didn't bother with
IPR sections, so I stopped putting them into my drafts. Recent RFCs don't
seem to have them either, so I assume an IPR statement is still not
needed.

The IPR statements are needed in the RFC (says the lawyer). We've been sloppy, and lucky so far in not having been challenged on any matter where its absence matters.
Please add them.

Harald