Re: Last Call: Routing IPv6 with IS-IS to Informational

Bill,

>It seems to me that it's a anachronism to maintain the view that ISO/IEC
>JTC1 really controls the ISIS standard now.  It doesn't make it easier for
>someone wanting to implement this protocol.

I agree.  Unfortunately, JTC1 is not interested in ceding control, and
the IESG doesn't want to set a precedent of modifying other standards
bodies' standards without permission, for fear that it will justify
others doing it to us.  (Not that that doesn't happen already...)
I would rather put it terms that we are building on top of what JTC1 has done (as opposed to modifying the base standard).

Thanks,
Bob