RE: I-D <draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-02.txt>

Michelle,

W.r.t. the 2n paragraph....

- This MIB module is a translation of the registry at
  http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets. I.e. it
  is a MIB representation of that registry.
- The idea is that the authoritative registry stays at
  http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets
- They provided you with a tool to generate a MIB from
  http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets
- But you can do it manually as well if you like.

Hope this explains what needs/can be done.

So probably we should change the 2nd para:
  Whenever any 'charset' is added to the IANA Charset Registry
  [CHARSET], a new version of the IANA Charset MIB [CHARMIB] should be
  machine-generated using the C language utility [CHARGEN] described in
  section 3 of this document or some other utility.

Into:
  Whenever any 'charset' is added to the IANA Charset Registry
  [CHARSET], the IANA Charset MIB [CHARMIB] must be updated as well.
  A new version of that MIB can be machine-generated using the C
  language utility [CHARGEN] described in section 3 of this document
  or some other utility. The IANA can also opt to do the updates
  manually, as long as the MIB module stays in sync with the
  registry.

Does that make things cleared for you?

Thanks,
Bert