I-D <draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-02.txt>

Ted, Ned,

Ted was holding this document back for me.
Hopefully this message will help us clear
my concerns/questions.

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-02.txt>

The IANA considerations says the following:

5.  IANA Considerations

   IANA should assign a base arc in the 'mgmt' (standards track) OID
   tree for the 'ianaCharset' MODULE-IDENTITY defined in the IANA
   Charset MIB [CHARMIB].

   Whenever any 'charset' is added to the IANA Charset Registry
   [CHARSET], a new version of the IANA Charset MIB [CHARMIB] should be
   machine-generated using the C language utility [CHARGEN] described in
   section 3 of this document or some other utility.

I understand the IANA needs to add this MIB to the website and we will
maintain it just like the IANA ifType MIB and others.  I also understand
that we will need to assign a mib-2 number.

The second paragraph is a bit confusing.  It is not something I have
seen before.  Can either one of you explain what needs to be done here
and how I do it?

Thanks,

Michelle
IANA