RE: new contact for SDOs to replace Scott?

One thing I have noticed over the last few years is that many many
people (from various organisations, be it businesses or SDOs or
fora) believed that Scott basically WAS the IETF and so if they
needed anything, they would try to work out something with him
and thought that that would do whatever was needed. Since Scott
liked that "role" (as far as I could tell) I think he always made
sure that whatever question came up would be put into the proper
part of our IETF structure, be it IAB, IESG, some AD, some WG,
ISOC or whatever. And so... I guess that is how it came about
that many people believe(d)/percive(d) that there was such
function and now want to know who took over.

Just my 2 cents
Bert