Re: Last Call: An IESG charter to Informational

Harald et al,

> 2. The composition of the IESG
>    The IETF Executive Director is the person charged with running the
>    IETF Secretariat.
> 7.1 Staff supervision
>
>    The IETF Chair has primary responsibility for supervising the work of
>    the IETF Secretariat,

There is an inconsistency between these two points - it actually can be read
to imply that the Chair bypasses the ExecD and micro-manages the Secretariat.

How about
   The IETF Chair has primary responsibility for supervising the work of
   the IETF Executive Director and through him or her, the Secretariat, ... ?

Also:

> 2. The composition of the IESG
>    The IESG also has liaisons, ...
>    which positions to have is decided by the IESG.

This is slightly inconsistent with the IAB Charter, which
is BCP, and states that the IAB does have a liaison. Actually it's worse,
when I look at section 3.4 of RFC 2850 - it says
>>    The chair of the IAB and another full IAB member (other than the IETF
>>    chair), to be selected by the IAB, shall serve as liaisons to the
>>    IESG.

(i.e. the IAB Chair is defined as a liaison, not as ex officio).

Otherwise, I think the draft states the facts as I experienced them
in the past.

   Brian