RE: Evaluation: draft-ietf-snmpv3-coex-v2 - Coexistence between Version 1, Version 2, and Version 3 of the Internet-standard Network Management Framework to BCP

Thanks,
Bert

Mmmm... when we still had Scott on the IESG, he always wanted it in
the appendix material as far as I remember. Anyway, it weas in appendix
B when we had rfc2576, which obsoleted 1908, so we are/were just following
what was already in an earlier RFC. I do know that in quite a few RFCs,
such a list of updates occurs in an appendix.

>    In section 8, the document says: "... USM, with authentication and
> privacy."  Please change "privacy" to "confidentiality."

Well, we have Authentication and Privcacy protocols in USM. That is how
they have been known since oh mid 90s or so.

So we have a authNoPriv and a authPriv way of communicating.
So I think that sticking to privacy is better given the history and
the name of the fields and bits that we use.

Hope you can agree,
Bert