Re: draft-ietf-ipv6-unicast-aggr-v2-02.txt

and my comment seems to be

    >***** o IPv6 Global Unicast Address Format (Informational)
    > <draft-ietf-ipv6-unicast-aggr-v2-02.txt>
    > Token: Narten, Thomas
    > Note: An IETF LC call is needed, as this reclassifies RFC 2374
    > historic.; last call expires 2003-04-08.

    my concern with this note is that at the top of page 3
    the diagram implies that there is a single global
    routing prefix, followed by a subnet id.
    the text says that the global-routing-prefix is
    typically hierarchically structured, which implies
    that it is not a single global routing prefix but
    has some internal structure, with higher and lower
    levels of prefix and so on and so forth. it _might_
    be nice if the authors were to do a bit of text editing
    and try and get the diagram to say the same thing (eliminating
    the implication in the diagram that there is exactly 1 prefix).

    also, the text and diagram sort of imply that there is one level
    of 'subnet id' that would be available to a 'site'. this is
    not completely true. my isp may allocate me a /32, leaving
    me 32 bits to play with which i may in turn make hierarchical
    allocations out of. again, some text twiddling might be nice
    here.

did you have issues with that, want to discuss it, ...?

randy