Re: Evaluation: draft-nesser-otp-sha-256-384-512 - AES Companion Hash Definitions (SHA256, SHA384, SHA512) for OTP to Proposed Standard

In message <200306021552.LAA12865@ietf.org>, IESG Secretary writes:

>Last Call to expire on: 2003-1-30
>
>	Please return the full line with your position.
>
>                    Yes    No-Objection  Discuss *  Abstain
>
>Steve Bellovin      [   ]     [   ]       [ x ]      [   ]

I do not believe it's correct to refer to the new hash functions as
"AES hashes".

I have doubts about whether or nor this should be a Proposed standard.
I don't really see the need, and the document itself expresses
concerns.  A longer hash is useful if more of the output is being used,
but that's not the case here.