Re: draft-ietf-bgmp-spec-05.txt

Randy,

==>> but still, it might be a good idea to write down why exactly folks
> think it is not deployable (if there are some good reasons for that), so
> if it is used to base future work on, people wouldn't just bang their head
> against the wall again..

I'll ask the authors if we could add some more text to address this.

> But below, a few nits I came across:

==>> doesn't have ToC but is more than 15 pages long (only 'xp t', perhaps
> missing "." in front of a nroff macro?)

will fix.

> 11.  Security Considerations

> BGMP uses TCP sessions for all network communication between peers.  TCP
> sessions may be secured through the use of IPsec [IPSEC].

==>> that must be closest to the shortest security considerations section
> I've seen.  If folks thought about security issues of BGMP issues when it
> was designed, it might be good idea to write them down.

I doubt we will get anyone to actually do any more work on this stuff,
but we could at least add some words saying IPSEC could be used...

will fix the rest.

Thanks.
Alex

> 12.  Authors' Addresses

==>> author's address

> 13.  Normative References
> [V4PREFIX]
>      D. Thaler, "Unicast-Prefix-based IPv4 Multicast Addresses", draft-
>      ietf-mboned-ipv4-uni-based-mcast-00.txt, Work in progress, June
>      2002.

==>> I didn't think this is so far along that creating a normative,