draft-ietf-bgmp-spec-05.txt

ops-dir comment

> *****      o Border Gateway Multicast Protocol (BGMP): Protocol
>              Specification (Informational)
>              <draft-ietf-bgmp-spec-05.txt>
>              Token: Zinin, Alex

With a note in the spec like:

NOTE:
  This specification is published for the general information of the
  Internet technical community and as an archival record of the work
  done.  The operational community generally agrees that this protocol
  is not deployable in its current form; it is being published in the
  hopes that it may provide a useful starting point for future work.

.. it doesn't seem to be useful to read much less fix the spec..

==> but still, it might be a good idea to write down why exactly folks
think it is not deployable (if there are some good reasons for that), so
if it is used to base future work on, people wouldn't just bang their head
against the wall again..

But below, a few nits I came across:

==> doesn't have ToC but is more than 15 pages long (only 'xp t', perhaps
missing "." in front of a nroff macro?)

11.  Security Considerations

BGMP uses TCP sessions for all network communication between peers.  TCP
sessions may be secured through the use of IPsec [IPSEC].

==> that must be closest to the shortest security considerations section
I've seen.  If folks thought about security issues of BGMP issues when it
was designed, it might be good idea to write them down.

12.  Authors' Addresses

==> author's address

13.  Normative References
[V4PREFIX]
     D. Thaler, "Unicast-Prefix-based IPv4 Multicast Addresses", draft-
     ietf-mboned-ipv4-uni-based-mcast-00.txt, Work in progress, June
     2002.

==> I didn't think this is so far along that creating a normative,
*publication-blocking* reference is the right approach.. or..?