Proposed message to IPR list about Todd Glassey (fwd)

Rules lawyering time: RFC 2418 section 3.2 says:

As a last
resort and after explicit warnings, the Area Director, with the
approval of the IESG, may request that the mailing list maintainer
block the ability of the offending individual to post to the mailing
list.

So I need the approval of the IESG to send the note below.
Do I have your approval? [CAN we do this by mail?]

for those who want to go into details, all 59 of his recent postings to the ipr-wg are available from the archives....

===

After consulting with the IPR WG chairs and obtaining the approval of
the IESG, the Area Director of the General Area has revoked Mr. Todd
Glassey's posting privileges to the IPR WG mailing list. We do not
take this step lightly, and regret having to do so, but since:

a) Mr. Glassey has refused to respect repeated private and public
requests by the WG chairs that he keep his postings on topics that
are within the proper scope of this WG as described in its charter,

b) Mr. Glassey is by far the most prolific current poster to the
mailing list, accounting for more than 20% of the total list
traffic over the last month, and

c) Mr. Glassey has threatened more than one WG participant with legal
action for contesting the appropriateness of his postings,

we feel that Mr. Glassey has left us with no other reasonable choice
in this matter.

Accordingly, per the provisions of RFC 2418 section 3.2, postings to
the IPR WG list from Mr. Glassey will not be allowed for a period of
four weeks.

Last, while Mr. Glassey's postings have been the most extreme recent
example of inappropriate behavior on this mailing list, he has not
been the only person guilty of bad manners or off-topic postings. In
the interest of maintaining a civil discussion while we finish up the
WG's chartered work, we ask that all participants please exercise
self-restraint. This is a very contentious topic, and we have tried
to encourage free discussion of open issues, but by the same token,
discussion of closed issues or issues that were never in scope to
begin with does not help the WG make progress on its chartered work,
and unnecessary rudeness is never appropriate on a WG mailing list.