Re: Laugh Test: xcon BOF

>The limit was placed that the media be unicast because of
>security, because this group emphasizes that the conference
>should be capable of strong security, and it isn't clear that
>multicast media can get there yet.

Yes, I saw that and didn't understand what they meant by it.  For
small, tightly controlled sessions, I think the additional
application-level security risks of using source-specific multicast
rather than unicast are limited to easier traffic analysis.

Anyway, I don't want them to get derailed trying do solve a problem
with too wide a scope, but I don't see the reason to arbitrarily limit
the protocols.  Simply saying the things that were listed as
"out-of-scope" are "not the intended focus of the BOF/WG" would give the
WG chairs ammunition to allow them to stay focussed, but wouldn't tie
their hands unnecessarily.

Cheers,
	Mark