Final warning to Todd Glassey from the AD of the IPR WG

IMPORTANT! This message has been blind-carbon-copied to you.
Do not reply-to-all or forward it without the author's permission.

After consulting with the IPR WG chairs and obtaining the approval of
the IESG, the Area Director of the General Area has decided that Mr. Todd
Glassey's message activity over the last month warrant removing his posting privileges to the IPR WG mailing list.

We do not take this step lightly, and will regret having to do so, but since:

a) Mr. Glassey has refused to respect repeated private and public
requests by the WG chairs that he keep his postings on topics that
are within the proper scope of this WG as described in its charter,

b) Mr. Glassey is by far the most prolific current poster to the
mailing list, accounting for more than 20% of the total list
traffic over the last month, and

c) Mr. Glassey has threatened more than one WG participant with legal
action for contesting the appropriateness of his postings,

we feel that Mr. Glassey has left us with no other reasonable choice
in this matter.

From a careful reading of RFC 2418 section 3.2, the IESG, the AD and the WG
chairs have concluded that in order for there to be absolutely no doubt that Mr. Glassey was given fair warning that his posting privilleges were in danger of being revoked, this final warning should be sent.

Accordingly, unless Mr. Glassey's behaviour changes, per the provisions of RFC 2418 section 3.2, postings to the IPR WG list from Mr. Glassey will not be allowed for a period of four weeks.

Last, while Mr. Glassey's postings have been the most extreme recent
example of inappropriate behavior on this mailing list, he has not
been the only person guilty of bad manners or off-topic postings. In
the interest of maintaining a civil discussion while we finish up the
WG's chartered work, we ask that all participants please exercise
self-restraint. This is a very contentious topic, and we have tried
to encourage free discussion of open issues, but by the same token,
discussion of closed issues or issues that were never in scope to
begin with does not help the WG make progress on its chartered work,
and unnecessary rudeness is never appropriate on a WG mailing list.