Re: ID tracker Balloting and LC processing

Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> writes:

> --On fredag, juni 20, 2003 16:11:05 -0400 Thomas Narten <narten@us.ibm.com>
> wrote:

> > So again, for the time being, we'll continue using the old ones. But
> > over the next couple of weeks, a few us will send in evaluations to
> > use the news system. We'll see how that goes, and onces it looks like
> > its working fine, will move to it more aggressively. But again, for
> > now, the secretariat will stick with the old ballots, but individual
> > ADs can chose to experiment with one of the new ones.
> >
> > Does this make sense?

> mostly.... but.... will the ballots that have been converted to the new
> ones keep on being new-style ballots?

I don't recall if we talked about this exact point, but I think
yes. When a new-style ballot exists, we stick with it. But the next
version of Tracker won't allow you to create an on-line ballot if an
old-style one exists.

> For instance, will my removed DISCUSS on draft-ietf-dhc-pktc-kerb-tckt stay
> removed, or will I have to send it in again?

This document actually made clear the problem... You cleared your
discuss on-line, and that change somehow magically made into the old
style ballot (also visible). We scratched our heads for a while on
that as there is no way to automatically keep the two in sync (hence,
let's not go there). But we eventually figured out that Jackie updated
the old-style ballot as a side-effect of some mail yesterday.

> (actually, when I check, both ballot styles have my DISCUSS cleared - but I
> don't know who updated the old-style ballot, or what triggered them to do
> so...?)

The system works better than we imagined! :-)

Thomas