Re: [Fwd: [Rir-ietf] Recent Request for v6 Space]

Geoff,

How about this:

"Ray,

The IAB has reviewed the situation presented in your note,
and we agree that it is inappropriate to make an allocation
based on an Internet-Draft that has not been approved for
publication within the IETF. Such an action would constitute
an end-run around IETF process and the IETF-RIR working relationship.

We noted that the document in question has an "IANA Considerations"
section that details a proposed allocation. Should this document
complete its path through the IETF process, we believe it would
be appropriate for the IETF to use the IANA considerations
process for the IETF to set up the allocation, as opposed to
having the document editors request the allocation directly.

Leslie."

Geoff Huston wrote:
Leslie,

Could you add a reference to the fact that the draft has an
IANA considerations sections in it - i..e. if it ever made its
way through the IETF process in its current form, the draft's
author(s) see that this would be an IANA allocation rather
than an RIR allocation.

Geoff